The 2015 Jimmy Fund Big Ideas Contest is an invitation to you or a team of up to four people to form an amazing idea that will revolutionize fundraising and help the Jimmy Fund and Dana-Farber conquer cancer. What’s more, you could win fabulous prizes, be mentored by a prominent national CEO, and help us change the lives of millions.
So, what is a “Big Idea,” you ask? It could be a viral campaign to generate money, an event that will raise critical funds, or a unique app that will drive fundraising through the roof!
Whatever your Big Idea entails, keep these words of wisdom—courtesy of Jimmy Fund Big Ideas Contest judge, Bill Fine, President and General Manager, WCVB-TV/Channel 5 —in mind:
- Know Your Cause– Research the Jimmy Fund and its existing fundraisers. Think about where there is an opportunity for them to do something new, exciting, and successful.
- Think Big… – Bake sales are great, but we are looking for unique, profitable fundraising ideas. What kind of fundraiser will bring in $100,000 (or more!) annually for the fight against cancer?
- …but Be Realistic – Consider what the Jimmy Fund can actually execute from a financial and resources stand-point—or make suggestions on how they can get resources from other sources.
- Engage, Engage, Engage – The Jimmy Fund and Dana-Farber have hundreds of thousands of dedicated supporters—how will your Big Idea engage them? Or even further grow their follower base?
- Have Fun!– We want to see an idea that reflects true thought, passion, excitement, and dedication to Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund’s mission to conquer cancer.
Five lucky finalists will be mentored by our prominent CEO judges—John Donohue, Chairman, President, and CEO, Arbella Insurance Group; Bill Fine, President and General Manager, WCVB-TV/Channel 5; Pam Hamlin, Global President, Managing Partner, Arnold Worldwide; Daniel Kraft, President, The Kraft Group – International; Larry Lucchino, President and CEO, Boston Red Sox; John Maguire, CEO, Friendly’s Ice Cream; and Laura Sen, President and CEO, BJ’s Wholesale Club—and present their Big Ideas at a live event on June 10.
The grand prize winner will receive a fabulous prize package including throwing out the first pitch at a Boston Red Sox game, warming up with the New England Patriots before a game, a year of free Friendly’s Ice Cream, an iPad Air, and more!
So what are you waiting for? Submit your idea to the Jimmy Fund Big Ideas Contest by April 26, 2015 and together we can change the lives of millions!
Assistant Director, Development Communications