5 Inspiring moments from the Boston Marathon Jimmy Fund Walk
The Boston Marathon® course has a reputation for being one of the most difficult. From across the country and around the world, people travel to take on the physical challenge of completing the famous 26.2-mile route.
On September 24, 2017 more than 9,300 participants gathered to walk the Boston Marathon course to raise funds for cancer research and patient care at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. The annual event, known as the Boston Marathon® Jimmy Fund Walk presented by Hyundai, unites cancer patients and their families with those dedicated to supporting Dana-Farber’s mission to create an unforgettable day.
Take a look back on 5 inspiring moments from this year’s Boston Marathon Jimmy Fund Walk:
1. Erin, a cancer survivor and Boston Marathon Jimmy Fund Walk participant walked wearing an “I’m Living Proof” pin to provide hope to patients currently undergoing cancer treatment.
today i walked 26.2 miles and took 37,596 steps for the cancer patient i was 13 years ago. #jimmyfundwalk pic.twitter.com/pN2fUBYfg4
— Erin Driscoll (@13edriscoll13) September 24, 2017
2. Parker, a 2017 Jimmy Fund Walk Hero, greeted walkers at his mile-marker along the course.
Supporting two great Scituate kids by supporting the @TheJimmyFund . Go #teamcallie and #parkerstrong. #JimmyFundWalk pic.twitter.com/7MS5VSAu7h
— Kevin Sullivan (@conFigure_ITout) September 25, 2017
3. Mattie, a 2017 Jimmy Fund Walk Hero, found her mile-marker at the Copley Finish Line.
4. Gavin, a cancer survivor, left his mark on the Hyundai Hope on Wheels car.
5. Massachusetts Police Chiefs escorted Dana-Farber patients, families, and participants 3-miles from the Dana-Farber Start to the Copley Finish Line.
These chiefs & I escorted families last 3 miles of #JimmyFundWalk today. @JimmyFund has been @MAPOLICECHIEFS official charity over 60 yrs. pic.twitter.com/AI2EwWwIsJ
— Chief Brooks (@ChiefBrooksNPD) September 25, 2017
Learn more about how you can make an impact in the lives of Dana-Farber patients at cancer fundraising events such as the Boston Marathon® Jimmy Fund Walk.