We here at Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund are amazed by our dedicated community of supporters and volunteers who are committed to Dana-Farber’s mission to conquer cancer and know that funds need to be raised now more than ever because a cancer diagnosis cannot be put on hold, even during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Although your golf tournament, restaurant night, yard sale, or karaoke fundraiser may now be on hold because of government and health official recommendations for social distancing, the Jimmy Fund team is here to help you take your fundraising online and make your event virtual!
Take a look at our tips and techniques linked below to bring your event fundraising online and continue supporting our patients and physician-scientists.
- Share a special video message: We created this video to let our Jimmy Fund community know how much you mean to us! Send to friends via email or social media to ask for their support or thank them for donations.
- Create a Facebook Fundraiser: A Facebook Fundraiser is an easy way to ask family and friends on Facebook for donations to support Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund
- Start an Event Giving Page: Make a fundraising page for your virtual event and spread the word to your network.
- Utilize online platforms: These online auction tools, streaming services, and other resources can help you reach your goals.
- Livestreaming 101: Want to meet up with friends virtually and still “host” your event? Learn how to make it happen on Facebook Live, Instagram Live, Twitch, or YouTube.
- Organize a game night: Host Bingo, trivia, or another game via livestream while connecting donations for the Jimmy Fund.
- Host an “UnEvent”: Check out ideas on how you can create an “UnEvent Event” to inspire your community.
- 5 Steps to a successful virtual fundraiser: Our team gathered the top tips on going virtual with your event.
Questions? Please contact your Jimmy Fund liasion or the Jimmy Fund team at JimmyFundEvents@dfci.harvard.edu or 617-632-3190 for help and additional ideas. We appreciate you!