We here at Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund are amazed by our dedicated community of supporters and volunteers who are committed to Dana-Farber’s mission to conquer cancer.
While in-person events may be limited, your ability to fundraise for the Jimmy Fund—and have fun doing it—doesn’t have to be. The Jimmy Fund team is here to help you take your fundraising online!
Take a look at our tips and techniques linked below to continue supporting our patients and physician-scientists virtually, from wherever you may be.
- Create a Facebook Fundraiser: A Facebook Fundraiser is an easy way to ask family and friends on Facebook for donations to support Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund.
- Start an Event Giving Page: Make a fundraising page for your virtual event and spread the word to your network.
- Utilize online platforms: These online auction tools, streaming services, and other resources can help you reach your goals.
- Livestreaming 101: Want to meet up with friends virtually and still “host” your event? Learn how to make it happen on Facebook Live, Instagram Live, Twitch, or YouTube.
- Organize a game night: Host Bingo, trivia, or another game via livestream while connecting donations for the Jimmy Fund.
- Host an “UnEvent”: Check out ideas on how you can create an “UnEvent Event” to inspire your community.
- 5 Steps to a successful virtual fundraiser: Our team gathered the top tips on going virtual with your event.
Questions? Please contact your Jimmy Fund liaison or the Jimmy Fund team at JimmyFundEvents@dfci.harvard.edu or 617-632-3190 for help and additional ideas. We appreciate you!
You can also continue to support our mission, by making a gift or donating blood or platelets at the Kraft Family Blood Donor Center if you are healthy and eligible.